Join the Connected Car Journey
We’re driving innovation with automotive manufacturers to create intuitive connected car solutions. Our easy-to-use, intelligent interface incorporates personalized information to provide a unique driver-centric experience all while reducing driver distraction and keeping eyes on the road.
As a member of the Data Team, you will work on data analysis and predictive modeling of sensor data collected from the car and mobile phones. CloudCar is looking for someone who will enjoy working as a “hands on” scientist with other data scientists and engineers on Data Mining and Predictive Modeling. In this role, you will work on productizing exciting new research from the industry or academia and extracting value from large amounts of data generated from consumers using our service. You will work on many different projects involving different parts of the code base. You’ll work both on improving existing software and creating entirely new components.
- Code, test, deploy and maintain tools and applications for developing state of the art solutions
- Automating large-scale data processing in distributed computing environment
- Work closely with product management, user experience and engineering peers to determine feature requirements
- A passion for developing and delivering great software, especially targeted towards consumer applications
- Masters in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- 2+ years experience with Machine Learning
- Proficient in Java/Scala and Python A MUST
- Strong Algorithmic development skills
- Solid experience developing in a Linux/Unix environment including hands-on development experience with Big Data and modern analytics frameworks (e.g. Hadoop and Map Reduce)
- Experienced in modern software development techniques (Test driven development, Agile)
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a team-player able to take initiative as well as follow a plan and work collaboratively in a small yet multidisciplinary team
- PhD preferred
- Prior knowledge with Amazon EC2 or Google App Engine infrastructure and development/deployment of applications
- Experience in programming for distributed computing environment
- Experience working with Web tool development
- Experience working with databases
- Experience in building recommender systems is a plus
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Send your resume to email@example.com.