Join the Connected Car Journey
At CloudCar, we are building a cloud-based platform for the automotive industry that unifies the many services that are relevant to a driver including places, maps/traffic, communication, productivity and media services. Layered on top of our common integration architecture is our machine learning/AI layer that offers a unique opportunity to personalize the in-vehicle experience.
The CloudCar Server team is looking for an engineer with a passion for web services development. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience in building high-performing consumer facing systems that are scalable and extensible. This is a terrific opportunity for an engineer interested in enabling CloudCar’s next generation car infotainment system by utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services in Java
- Multithreaded (J2EE) and event-driven programming (Vert.x)
- Asynchronous I/O programming
- Common RESTful web services protocols (HTTP, SSL, REST)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking and fast growing startup environment
Desired Technology Exposure:
- 12+ years solid experience in Java, J2EE, and its popular libraries in the ecosystem
- 3+ years experience with document based NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Hbase
- 3+ years experience in cache technologies like Redis, Couchbase, or Memcache
- 3+ years experience in full-text search engines such as SOLR, Elasticsearch, or Lucene
- Async programming like Vertx and Fiber will be a big plus
- Desire to learn new technologies, frameworks, and new domain knowledge
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.